It is important to Texas Children’s Health Plan to keep your child healthy. That is why we place so much importance on well-child checkups and immunizations. We also encourage you to keep a relationship with your main doctor. You and your child’s doctor will work together to keep your child healthy and well.
Texas Children’s Health Plan is designed to provide you with access to a network of doctors, hospitals, and other health service providers. All have been specially trained to care for children and teenagers. Our health plan was founded on the belief that you and your child’s doctor are the two people best qualified to care for your child’s health.
As a Texas Children’s Health Plan STAR member, you get all the great benefits that STAR offers like:
- Prenatal care.
- Prescription drugs.
- Eye exams and glasses.
- Dental exams for children.
- Doctor visits.
- Drug abuse services.
- Hearing tests.
Texas Children’s Health Plan offers extra beneifts like:
- More than 1,100 doctors and 3,200 specialists.
- 24-hour nurse help line.
- Help getting to doctor visits.
- Adult dental.
- Free programs to help members stop smoking.
- Home visits and extra support for members with asthma, diabetes, or high-risk pregnancy.
- School and camp physicals.
- Temporary phone assistance.
- Keep Fit Program.
- Houston Dynamo soccer clinics and leagues.
- FREE tickets to Dynamo games.
- Moody Gardens beach parties.
- Movie events.
- More podiatry services for members age 21 and older.
- Disease Management Program.